Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Cork, Auckland and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
The Junior Automation Engineer works under the direction of the Automation Manager and will work independently to perform the day-to-day project duties of designing, developing and releasing deliverables.
- Executes quality management plan in accordance with quality standards
- Understand all project requirements and objectives
- Defines automation scope of work and develops all required specifications
- Estimates automation hardware, software and manpower requirements
- Coordinates design and/or manufacturing and software efforts to ensure compliance
- Forecast and communicate status as required
- Support design and manufacturing with integration of system controls as requested
- Programs PLC, OIT, HMI, DCS controllers and smart instruments as requested
- May evaluate and recommend automation upgrades to existing equipment or systems
- Supports Field Services with respect to automation needs both planned and unscheduled
- Maintain organized project and/or software records
- Write and/or execute test plans as required
- Execute other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Ireland Honours Degree (Level 8) in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is a requirement
- Knowledge of current automation systems experience.
- Scada systems support experience
- English language proficiency, both written and oral speaking skills
- Detail oriented with a solid understanding of current programming standards, industry design fundamentals, and related de- bugging processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well both independently and in a team-oriented
- Some travel is required.
- Server support experience