Field Service Engineer
Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Auckland, Cork and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long-standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
The successful candidate will join a fast-growing company who truly value their employees and offer excellent scope for professional development in a multi-tiered team of engineers. The Engineer will provide support as part of the SLA fulfilment with the customers.
This role involves travel to client sites in Cork.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide remote access and on-site technical support to clients.
• Deployment/Troubleshooting of hardware issues including but not limited to relating to servers, storage, PCs, laptops and printers to include connectivity, Email, security, permissions, backups etc.
• Deployment/troubleshooting of Phones (desk, mobiles, Cisco Wireless Devices, Conference),
• Daily monitoring and management of Netbackup environment
• Maintain hardware inventory database and update with all moves/additions as per defined process
• Advise Service Manager of potential opportunities where services could be expanded to address specific issues at client sites
• Complete weekly Time/Activity Forms
• Adhere to all processes & procedures around laptop/desktop building and software deployment/retirement as set out by CMCI
Build and deploy new laptop/desktop and perform handover for new users as required
• Experience in planning, deploying and administration of virtualised environments (Hyper-V and
• Experience in administering Active Directory (ideally in an Azure AD/Office 365 environment)
• A good understanding of Routing/Switching technology (IPv4), DNS and group policy
• Be aware of security concepts and best practices in an IT workspace
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts clearly and at the level of the audience
• The successful candidate will have experience of working as part of a project team
• Knowledge of ITIL concepts (change management, request fulfilment, KPI and SLA adherence)
• Third level IT Qualification.
• MCP and Microsoft software certification desirable.