Site Support Engineer
Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Auckland, Cork and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
The site support engineer will be primarily responsible for supporting technology users in a specific Pharmaceutical office or offices and on occasion in off-site locations.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to think logically and have a good understanding of how hardware, operating systems and software function work. Problem solving and strong listening skills are core to this role. You will be able to interact confidently with end users and third parties in order to resolve problems and explain the solution.
The candidate must be a team player, as part of a multi-discipline organisation that can take direction and follow instructions. They must also be able to act independently if required and have a strong customer focus.
You must have the ability to be aware of service priorities and where necessary identify potential conflicts that are then escalated to the Site Services Lead and the Service Desk.
Main duties & responsibilities
The engineer is mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the office locations, but may include:
- Responding within agreed time limits as a resolver for issues raised with the Service Desk
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems
- Talking to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Deployment/troubleshooting of Phones (desk, mobiles, Cisco Wireless Devices, Conference), Troubleshooting systems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults`.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Supporting audio visual systems and services including video conferencing
- Working continuously on a task or problem until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Working under supervision in the prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
The above responsibilities are indicative of the work required and should not be seen as an exhaustive list.
- Degree in Information Systems or IT plus 2 years minimum help desk experience essential.
- Strong technical skills with appropriate Microsoft accreditations.
- Organizational skills to be able to manage a personal workload and prioritize activities.
- Interpersonal skills required to interact successfully with end users and third parties as well as fellow team members.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, both Workstation and Server versions.
- Experience of service level management.
- Experience of the bio-pharma industry
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Competency with internet, mobile technologies, cloud and ITaaS solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain respect of end users and third parties
- Demonstrable ability to think logically and creatively while applying sound judgment
- Good communication skills
- A logical mind
- A meticulous and methodical nature