SDMS Support Engineer
Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Auckland, Cork and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long-standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
We are looking for a SDMS Support Engineer for a permanent position based in Foster City, CA.
- Manage and complete all tickets in a timely manner related to troubleshooting at the application level, errors, user configuration, user creation, deletion.
- Work directly with L3 (level 3 administrators) to resolve any issues/requests escalated to the L3 team.
- Contribute to the support and maintenance of operating procedures (SOPs and Work Instructions) pertaining to SDMS by reviewing updates to documents as requested by the validation lead/system manager.
- During SDMS upgrades and/or enhancements, perform development testing and support user acceptance testing, and upgrades.
- Identify opportunities for improving SDMS functionality and performance and provide recommendations to the system manager.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining SDMS business processes to improve efficiency and compliance and provide recommendations to the system manager.
- Maintain the SDMS system in a state of GMP compliance to ensure data integrity by following all related SOPs as they pertain to support duties.
- Perform SDMS maintenance tasks including: Account maintenance, periodic review of account and System Audit Trail and server maintenance.
Required Experience / Skills:
- As a Support Engineer, provide support with BIOVIA Workbook system in GxP environment.
- Experience in service desk tools such as ServiceNow.
- Experience in Citrix Receiver, XenApp platforms.
- Good understanding of Active Directory, SharePoint.
- Take ownership of incidents and service requests and work to resolve them to user satisfaction while adhering service-level agreements.
- Regularly compile and provide metrics on incidents and service requests, trends to management skills.
- Good understanding of Laboratory Informatics Systems and business processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in Pharmaceutical R&D, QC laboratories is a plus.