Eurotherm Support Engineer
Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Cork, Auckland and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
The Support Engineer works under the direction of the site lead and will work independently to perform the day-to-day duties of managing and maintaining Eurotherm control systems onsite.
· Based on site, monitor system performance and undertake corrective actions to manage the system performance.
· Perform planned maintenance activities
· Maintain the controller & I/O hardware to the required release levels
· Monitor server computer resources and work with IT for corrective actions
· Plan and implement h/w additions and modifications
· Trouble shoot system issues for controller and server infrastructure
· Coordinates design and/or manufacturing and software efforts to ensure compliance
· May evaluate and recommend upgrades to existing equipment or systems
· Bachelor's Degree or Ireland Honours Degree (Level 8) in Electrical or Instrumentation or Automation Engineering or related discipline is a requirement.
· 2 plus years’ experience of working with Eurotherm control systems in a large manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of current automation systems is beneficial.
· English language proficiency, both written and oral speaking skills
· Detail oriented with a solid understanding of current programming standards, industry design fundamentals, and related de- bugging processes.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must work well both independently and in a team-oriented
· Previous on- site experience beneficial but not essential.