Onsite Support Engineer
The site support engineer will be primarily responsible for IT support for users in the main Taiwan office.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to think logically and have a good understanding of how hardware, operating systems and software function work. Problem solving and strong listening skills are core to this role. You will be able to interact confidently with end users and third parties in order to resolve problems and explain the solution.
The candidate must be a team player, as part of a multi-discipline organisation that can take direction and follow instructions. They must also be able to act independently if required and have a strong customer focus.
You must have the ability to be aware of service priorities and where necessary identify potential conflicts that are then escalated to the Site Services Lead and the Service Desk.
Main duties & responsibilities:
The support engineer is mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the active project, but may include:
- Responding within agreed time limits as a resolver for issues raised with the Service Desk
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems
- Talking to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems.
- Supporting Zoom and Zoom rooms, SharePoint and Office 365
- Deployment/troubleshooting of Phones (desk, mobiles, Cisco Wireless Devices, Conference), Troubleshooting systems.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Supporting audio visual systems and services including video conferencing
- Working continuously on a task or problem until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Working under supervision in the prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Procurement of equipment from external vendors when necessary
- Excellent Communications skills with fluency in Mandarin and English language (spoken and written) critical
- Strong technical skills with appropriate Microsoft certifications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, both Workstation and Server versions
- Organizational skills to be able to manage a personal workload and prioritize activities
- Interpersonal skills required to interact successfully with end users and third parties as well as fellow team members
- Demonstrable ability to think logically and creatively while applying sound judgment
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain respect of end users and third parties
- Degree in Information Systems or IT plus 2 years minimum help desk experience
- Experience with Windows, Mac and Android OS user support
- Experience with Office 365 application user support
- Prior experience with Zendesk or any similar CRM tool for user support will be beneficial
- Competency with internet, mobile technologies, cloud and ITaaS solutions (optional)
- Experience of service level management (optional)
- Experience of the bio-pharma industry (optional)