Service Desk Engineer
Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Cork, Auckland, and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
The objective of the IT Service Desk Engineer is to resolve remote users I.T. problems by means of a first-time fix, escalation to appropriate resolver team or dispatching for on-site support.
The IT Service Desk Engineer responds to clients regarding queries and technical support. Contacts reach the Engineer via email, phone, chat and ticket handling systems.
All Engineers are willing to work variable shift patterns on request.
A key factor in this role will be the ability to work across multiple contracts within our company. Confidentiality and flexibility are key success factors for this position.
To log, validate and diagnose customer issues on the full range of products and applications supported on site. Provide the client with a solution through information gathering, analytical troubleshooting and query research, or to route or escalate the contact to the appropriate resolution group. Escalation and management of contacts to agreed service levels. Work with IT Service Desk colleagues to meet or exceed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Excellent attendance and punctuality are required as well as adhering to all company policies and procedures.
Required knowledge, experience and skills:
- Fluent English language skills are essential
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Technical bend of mind to drill down to the root cause of the issue and fix it permanently.
- Comfortable in assisting users on phone calls, emails and video chats.
- Advanced OS/software troubleshooting that can be resolved over through remote takeover.
- Thorough knowledge of iOS operating system, its upgrades and related troubleshooting.
- Moderate knowledge of Android o/s, its upgrades and related troubleshooting.
- Knowledge to troubleshoot VPN issues
- Knowledge to troubleshoot VPN on demand, on devices such as on iPad and Laptops.
- Experienced troubleshooting of wireless and wired networks
- Hands on experience on tools like MDM AirWatch OR MS Intune console to manage user’s mobile devices.
- Experience in supporting Sales related applications iPad, iPhone and laptops, mobile devices.
- Experience in working with MS Office, MSFT Teams, SharePoint, Zoom and Visio.
- Hands on experience on ticketing tools like ServiceNow/Zendesk or equivalent.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams for escalated application issues.
- Imaging and setting the equipment (laptops & iPads)
- Setup of home/wireless printers on laptops and iPads.
- Ability to fix basic iPad and iPhone hardware issues on the call
- Ability to make the judgment call of referring the others for Local/Apple support.
- Remains current with Mobility industry standards and news
- Ability to work in extended hours if required.
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Eager to learn new technology and strong learning ability
- Comfortable in a highly dynamic environment delivering premium customer services.