IT Infrastructure Manager
Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Cork, Auckland, and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management making implementation decisions.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Ensure infrastructure security and operational standards and procedures are maintained in accordance to relevant industry standards (i.e. ISO27001, 21 CFR Part 11, JSOX, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, strong analytical skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be extremely well organized, flexible, and responsive with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- IaaS cloud services (i.e. Microsoft Azure) a plus.
- Experience successfully implementing medium sized project and/or in I.T. lead roles.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with limited management direction.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of time.