Service Desk Engineer
Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Cork, Auckland and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesk. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- 1 years’ experience in a Technical Service Desk environment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Certified by Westbourne IT Technical skills training department
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Technical bend of mind to drill down to the root cause of the issue and fix it permanently.
- Ability to make the judgment call of referring the others for Local/Remote support.
- Comfortable in assisting users on phone calls, emails and video chats.
- Eager to learn new technology and strong learning ability
- Ability to work in extended hours if required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams for escalated application issues.
- Native English language skills
- Comfortable in a highly dynamic environment delivering premium customer services.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Remote PC Troubleshooting, software, networks and connectivity
- Hands on experience on ticketing tools like Zendesk, Service Now or equivalent.
- Experience in working with MS Office, MSFT Teams, SharePoint, Zoom and Visio.
- Advanced OS/software troubleshooting that can be resolved over through remote takeover.
- Knowledge to troubleshoot VPN issues
- Knowledge to troubleshoot VPN on demand, on devices such as on iPad and Laptops.
- Experienced troubleshooting of wireless and wired networks
- Experience in supporting Sales related applications iPad, iPhone and laptops, mobile devices.
- Imaging and setting the equipment (laptops & iPads) as per company policy.
- Setup of home/wireless printers on laptops and iPads.
- Thorough knowledge of iOS operating system, its upgrades and related troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience on tools like MDM AirWatch console to manage user’s mobile devices.
- Ability to fix basic iPad and iPhone hardware issues on the call
- Remains current with Mobility industry standards and news
- Moderate knowledge of Android o/s, its upgrades and related troubleshooting