Onsite IT Project Engineer
The Onsite L2 to L3 Engineers role is to be lead part of a project team rolling out a Windows 10 upgrade while using a mature communication style, both verbal and written
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR WINDOWS 7 TO 10 UPGRADE PROJECT:
• Working with external laboratory suppliers to assist, configure and commission benchtop equipment. Take ownership of equipment in receiving deliveries and keeping track from delivery to commissioning.
• Technical design engineer for the Lab IT/GMP/Regulatory systems including integration to other systems such as Chromatography and Benchtop analytical equipment. Work under the direction of the IT Applications manager and with other team members from the corporate laboratory systems team to deliver systems and interfaces.
• Actively participates in the creation of project deliverables such as design documents, configuration build, and installation and validation activities as required by the project manager.
• Contributes to the development of the team resources for the project and other supporting vendors. This includes supporting development of the project execution plan, scope of work for the contract firms or specialists working with Global Procurement to engage the firms and provide technical guidance during the execution of their work.
• Gathers input and coordinates with project team, site or Global Engineering representatives to develop requirements.
• Experience fulfilling company requirements for documentation and training in a regulatory environment i.e. GMP, healthcare, banking or financial
• Experience administering Windows 7 and Windows 10 in an enterprise environment
• Experience Installing, configuring and troubleshooting computer hardware, operating systems, applications and network issues in an enterprise environment.
• Experience working in pharmaceutical and/or QC Lab environment, or highly regulated environment an advantage
SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5 years’ experience in an IT Onsite Support environment
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Preferred, 1-year experience in pharmaceutical and/or QC Lab environment.
BEHAVIOURS AND COMMUNICATIONS, CLIENT MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
• Talking to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• Provide a seamless service to Project Client users
• Update Project Manager about potential issues
• Working continuously on a task or problem until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
• Working with the client prioritizing and managing of project tasks
WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE SKILLS:
• Provide leadership in upgrade and roll-out of new Windows 10 PCs
• The imaging / configuration and installation of newly procured devices and applications.
• Development and Execution of Validation of installations including change management.
• Follow the required SOPs and support the process of drafting or revising SOPs in collaboration with the Client team.
SUPPORT CORPORATE IT WORK PROCESSES AND MANAGEMENT OF PC SUPPLY:
• Provision of Tier 2 to 3 support to the Client user-base, including troubleshooting including Laptop’s, PC’s and Network
• Undertake pro-active maintenance assignments on all equipment
• Troubleshooting systems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• Identify any gaps of knowledge and collaborate with Service Desk and Client to resolve such gaps
• Maintain up-to-date CI and inventory, ensuring CMDB (Configuration Management Data Base) is regularly updated
• Ensure retired devices are decommissioned, disks are wiped, and disposal processes are followed in line with agreed procedures
• Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• Troubleshoot to repair a fault or set up a system
TECHNICAL DUTIES AND SKILLS:
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications within agreed time limits
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications and hardware supporting laboratory instruments
• Generation and completion Validation deliverables associated with installations