Senior Engineer - Onsite Service Desk
The Senior Engineer will have overall responsibility for managing a team to ensure delivery of reports and adherence to agreed SLA’s/KPI’s and communicate seamlessly with client face to face, in meetings, via the telephone, via email and via virtual communications platforms.
The engineer will report against delivery and assist in management of the day to day planning, operations and development of the team. They also work with senior management to help align the operation and delivery to the commercial objectives of the company. They keep their direct management aware of and updated on all issues that could impact the overall success of the delivery to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s. They are responsible for ensuring all company / service centre processes and procedures are followed by the delivery team. Written and verbal communication on a broad range of issues with senior management and the client is also required of the Senior Engineer.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE :
- Experience fulfilling company requirements for documentation and training in a regulatory environment i.e. GMP, healthcare, banking or financial
SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- 4 years’ experience in a Technical Service Desk environment
- 1-year experience as a team lead in Service Desk environment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- 6 months experience in an onsite IT environment or 1-year formal IT skills certification
CLIENT, TECHNICAL AND COST MANAGEMENT:
- Person who can be flexible to move between Project and Support. Flexible approach to working, secondments to project initiatives
- Produce and distribute all required operational reporting.
- Work with the support functions to drive Quality, Training/Process, HR, Recruitment and reporting activities.
- Assist management with cost saving initiatives. Perform any other roles and activities as directed by Management via the use of the relevant processes and procedures.
- Undertake pro-active maintenance assignments on all equipment
- Maintain up to date CI and Inventory, ensuring CMDB (Configuration Management DataBase) is regularly updated.
- Constantly keep direct management and client management informed of account/s performance.
- Ensure clean-up of logging tool inboxes e.g. Primary Support, Bulletin Board, Follow Up, Incident Management report.
- Ensure SLA/KPI delivery (on calls, cases, emails, chats etc.) where accountable and/or provide analysis when missed.
- Proactively drive operational improvements through the use of action and initiative plans.
- Develop, implement and drive Quality activities and take ownership for customer satisfaction issues.
- Input to and responsible for headcount forecasting/planning.
- Ensure team members are aware of and fulfil individual productivity targets
- Manage IT Support Centre and / or Client specific change effectively showing leadership.
- Attend or conduct daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, meetings and evaluations as appropriate.
- Be aware of cost drivers and escalate any potential issues to management.
- Adhere to Time and Attendance procedures and lead by example.
- Attend Assessment Centres and assist in the business in resource planning.
- Ensure Communications are in line with company standards.
TEAM DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT:
- It is envisioned that this position shall lead to a leadership role over time
- Attend and participate in all necessary Client meetings and conference calls.
TECHNICAL DUTIES AND SKILLS:
- Manage IT incident and requests per the client ticket management system
- Resolving, and restoring to service any device that has the authority to access the network
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications Responding within agreed time limits as a resolver for issues raised with the Service Desk
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Testing and evaluating new technology