QC Technical Specialist
Reporting to the Quality Control Lab, Systems and Compliance Team Leader, this position will have a significant role in the automation of analytical methods using SmartLab. This includes coordinating with the Quality Control Lab, writing SmartLab script, performing demoes, troubleshooting and verification of other Scripters work. A candidate experienced in Waters Empower administration would also be involved in the administration of same and connection of new instrumentation.
QC Technical Specialist Responsibilities:
- SmartLab is an LES (Lab Execution System) provided by BIOVIA to guide lab analysts through activities associated with testing. Write SmartLab script for new and established analytical methods, Training will be provided.
- This includes interfacing with instruments, parsing data from reports, uploading documents (COAs etc), capturing data, performing calculations and limit checking.
- SmartLab script is developed in close collaboration with the Quality Control Labs, involving initial design meetings, demoes and text verification. Once agreed the QCL E-systems group formally test and verify the script before releasing it for use in the Labs.
- Training, explaining solutions, troubleshooting SmartLab issues for end users.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry standards and regulatory requirements for computerized systems.
- Liaise with Empower team and Connection of Instrumentation.
- Propose technical solutions and architectures.
- SmartLab scripting experience or 3 years of Quality Control Lab experience
- Working knowledge of Quality control Lab functioning including bachelor’s degree preferably in IT or Analytical Chemistry/Biology
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to provide customers with a positive experience.
- Empower Super User or Empower Administrator
- Reasonably IT Savvy, good IT literacy and / or basic programming knowledge in any language
- GxP benchtop instrument experience HPLC/GC/CE
- Available to work onsite in Cork Ireland, highlight upfront any visa requirements.
Behaviours AND Communications required:
- Technical bend of mind to drill down to the root cause of the issue and fix it permanently.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Collaboration skills with Laboratory teams for escalated application issues.
- Engineer doesn’t come back 1 to 2 months later asking the same question.
Duties of Smart Lab:
The SmartLab script is written by the QCL E-Systems team and embedded in the analytical method documents, or Non-Method Procedures (NMPs) for non-testing tasks like balance calibration, reagent preparation etc.
SmartLab script is developed in close collaboration with the Quality Control Labs, involving initial design meetings, demoes and text verification.
Once agreed the QCL E-systems group formally test and verify the script before releasing it for use in the Labs.
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in IT or Analytical Chemistry/Biology. Equivalent experience may be considered.