Technical Team Lead
Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Cork, Auckland, and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long-standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
The Team Leader will have overall responsibility for managing a team to ensure delivery of agreed SLA’s/KPI’s. They must report against delivery and manage the day-to-day planning, operations and development of their team. The Team Leader also acts as the communication channel between staff members and management. They also work with senior management to help align the operation and delivery to the commercial objectives of the company.
The Team Leader is responsible for the day-to-day management and operational delivery of the IT Service Centre to the business. They are responsible for ensuring all company / service centre processes and procedures are followed by the delivery team. They keep their direct management aware of and updated on, any and all issues that could impact the overall success of the delivery to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s. Written and verbal communication on a broad range of issues with senior management and the client is also required of the Team Leader.
• Manage Team members and act as point of contact and escalation for any staff members’ issues including IT Service Engineers and Analysts.
• Attend and participate in all necessary Client meetings and conference calls.
• Constantly keep direct management and client management informed of account/s performance.
• Ensure SLA/KPI delivery (on calls, cases, emails, chats etc.) where accountable and/or provide analysis when missed.
• Manage team Time & Attendance and payroll through available tools.
• Ensure clean-up of logging tool inboxes e.g. Primary Support, Bulletin Board, Follow Up, Incident Management report.
• Schedule and review staff rota while taking into account planned and unplanned absence.
• Carry out all one to ones, back to works, disciplinary, briefings and Performance reviews.
• Drive Team initiatives, motivational programmes and fun budget activities.
• Responsible for recruitment of new hires & all processes that fall between hire and Go-Live.
• Ensure that all desk training plans are up to date and roll out appropriately.
• Ensure that New Hire, Leavers, Moves and Employee Data Management processes are followed.
• Proactively drive operational improvements through the use of action and initiative plans.
• Develop, implement and drive Quality activities and take ownership for customer satisfaction issues.
• Input to and responsible for headcount forecasting/planning.
• Ensure team members are aware of and fulfil individual productivity targets.
• Set up team meetings, briefings and buzz sessions, as required, to ensure that the team are up to date at all times on client changes, plans etc.
• Ensure that workload is followed up/distributed in the event of absence/holiday for all team members.
• Ensure the Team adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Work with the support functions to drive Quality, Training/Process, HR, Recruitment and reporting activities.
• Attend or conduct daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, meetings and evaluations as appropriate.
• Manage IT Support Centre and / or Client specific change effectively showing leadership.
• Adhere to Time and Attendance procedures and lead by example.
• Attend Assessment Centres and assist in the business in resource planning.
• Ensure Communications are in line with company standards.
• Be aware of cost drivers and escalate any potential issues to Management.
• Proven experience in reporting business development budgets, forecasts and resource planning.
• Demonstrate strong people management and knowledge of relevant human resource practice.
• Knowledge of best practices in quality, knowledge, training and customer service.