Service Desk Engineer
Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organization currently with Delivery Centre’s in Cork, Auckland and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesk. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long-standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company. Our mission is to be a global leader in innovative IT customer support solutions that meet and exceed our business partner’s requirements.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- 1 years’ experience in a Technical Service Desk environment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Certified by Westbourne IT Technical skills training department
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Technical mind to drill down to the root cause of the issue and fix it permanently.
- Ability to make the judgment call of referring the others for Local/Remote support.
- Comfortable in assisting users on phone calls, emails and video chats.
- Eager to learn new technology and strong learning ability
- Ability to work in extended hours if required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams for escalated application issues.
- Native English language skills
- Comfortable in a highly dynamic environment delivering premium customer services.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Remote PC Troubleshooting, software, networks and connectivity
- Hands on experience on ticketing tools like Zendesk, Service Now or equivalent.
- Experience in working with MS Office, MSFT Teams, SharePoint, Zoom and Visio.
- Advanced OS/software troubleshooting that can be resolved over through remote takeover.
- Knowledge to troubleshoot VPN issues
- Knowledge to troubleshoot VPN on demand, on devices such as on iPad and Laptops.
- Experienced troubleshooting of wireless and wired networks
- Experience in supporting Sales related applications iPad, iPhone and laptops, mobile devices.
- Imaging and setting the equipment (laptops & iPads) as per company policy.
- Setup of home/wireless printers on laptops and iPads.
- Thorough knowledge of iOS operating system, its upgrades and related troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience on tools like MDM AirWatch console to manage user’s mobile devices.
- Ability to fix basic iPad and iPhone hardware issues on the call