Service Desk Manager
Westbourne IT Global Services is a transglobal organisation currently with Delivery Centres in Auckland, Cork and Foster City. Our business strategy is to significantly grow and expand our business over the next 2 - 3 years through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Our core differentiator is our ability to deliver scalable and world class 24*7 technical helpdesks. Our target market is a combination of Fortune 500 clients and high growth companies in the pharma, life sciences and IOT/manufacturing sectors. We have built our established reputation with an impressive list of long standing clients because of our unique culture. This culture places innovation, problem solving, people engagement and trust at the heart of our company.
The Service Desk Manager is a hands on role that requires someone who has the customer at the core of what needs to be done, the customer comes first and then work backwards. They must be quality conscious from a customer perspective and provide leadership to ensure the team have customer experience and quality as the key components of what they do. Managing the Auckland service operation of our 24/7/365 Enterprise Service Desk operation for our client, the role has overall responsibility for the team of approximately 30 Service Desk Engineers and their Team Lead, and providing the link between our client and the Service Desk team based in Cork, Ireland.
The Service Desk Manager / Location Support Manager is a dual role and under a matrix management structure, the Location Support Manager will report to the General Manager for all matters coming within the scope of the Location Support function, while reporting to the Service Delivery Manager for the client delivery functions.
Requirements of the Role (Service Desk Manager):
- Be the Auckland key point of contact for our Client, attend partner meetings and work with the team to ensure we deliver to contracted requirements
- Work as a strategic partner to evolve the account
- Ensure team is right sized to deliver to the SLA’s required by our partner
- Provide our Client with any support they require to carry out their day to day business
- Co-Ordinate team activities and workload and ensure work is carried out to comply with the standard required
- Conduct 1-2-1’s with your direct reports on a monthly basis
- Provide on call assistance as required.
- Manage any Non adherence to HR Policies and procedures which would include, absence, lateness and non-conformance to work duties
- Keep abreast of key Technical developments within the industry and encourage reports to do the same
- Provide ideas and best practice sharing so we can improve the level of service to our Client’s customers
- Be the escalation point for questions or escalations
- Provide insight in to reports to our Client so they understand what is happening within the business and why
- Provide support on the hiring process to ensure we hire the right people who will deliver for our Client
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly reports as required and on time
- Provide support for the interview process as required with the HR team.
- Working weekends is required for this role
In addition, as Location Support Manager:
- Support the Westbourne management team to ensure that the Auckland teams are fully engaged with the vision and strategy for the business
- Oversee the smooth running of the Auckland Centre, especially in leveraging Westbourne’s support functions for the benefit of our client business and our employees in Auckland.
- Act as the senior on site manager for escalation purposes, concerning the efficient and smooth operation of the site.
- Act as the local facilitator for all New Zealand suppliers in line with our matrix management structure
- Operate our matrix management structure for key support functions, including Finance, Facilities, IT and Security. This means that support functions are centrally owned as an internal service to you as the Location Support Manager
- Identify and inform the Westbourne management team of any threats/areas of weakness internally and externally that affect the company. Suggest, agree and implement solutions to such issues
- Ensure all communication to all levels is consistent, relevant and on time and achieves our objective of being a highly engaged organisation
- Act as the Health & Safety Officer for the Auckland facility and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations in that capacity
- 5 plus years in a similar operational role on a technical support account
- 3 plus years managing a technical team of IT Service Desk Engineers
- Leading client meetings and developing relationships with clients
- ITIL/project management/Six sigma qualification is required
- IT qualification would be an advantage
- Experience in driving the quality and customer satisfaction programs within an organisation and the ability to inspire our people to excel at our service delivery
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Strong communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Have worked in 24/7/365 matrix environment working across multiple time zones
- Previous LIMS/LIS (Lab information systems) experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong communication and people skills vital to this role
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible/adaptable and tolerant in a changing working environment whilst maintaining effectiveness and efficiencies
- Demonstrate strong people management and knowledge of relevant human resource practice as a people manager
- You will have relevant and appropriate 3rd level qualifications