QC Technical Specialist
QC Technical Specialist Responsibilities:
- SmartLab is an LES (Lab Execution System) provided by BIOVIA to guide lab analysts through activities associated with testing. Write SmartLab script for new and established analytical methods, Training will be provided
- This includes interfacing with instruments, parsing data from reports, uploading documents (COAs etc), capturing data, performing calculations and limit checking.
- SmartLab script is developed in close collaboration with the Quality Control Labs, involving initial design meetings, demoes and text verification. Once agreed the QCL E-systems group formally test and verify the script before releasing it for use in the Labs.
- Training, explaining solutions, troubleshooting SmartLab issues for end users
- Maintain current knowledge of industry standards and regulatory requirements for computerized systems
- Liaise with Empower team and Connection of Instrumentation
- Propose technical solutions and architectures
- SmartLab scripting experience or 3 years of Quality Control Lab experience
- IT Savvy, good IT literacy and / or basic programming knowledge in any language
- Ability to deliver IT scripting work in a silo, with direction, with focus on needs of end users
- Working knowledge of Quality control Lab functioning including bachelor’s degree preferably in IT or Analytical Chemistry/Biology. GxP benchtop instrument experience HPLC/GC/CE
- LIMS administrator, Empower Super User or Empower Administrator
- Available to work onsite and remotely in Cork Ireland, highlight upfront any visa requirements
Behaviours AND Communications Required:
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to provide customers with a positive experience
- Technical bend of mind to drill down to the root cause of the issue and fix it permanently.
- Collaboration skills with Laboratory teams for escalated application issues.
- Appreciate, act on, understand the feedback and communication loop. To ensure root cause and eliminate project issues first time.