Wildwood Transport is a growing long-haul open deck transportation company that is currently recruiting for a Repair & Maintenance Technician to join our in-house shop. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, process-oriented individual that fits in well with our team of professional mechanics.
We are very proud of our fleet of Peterbilt trucks and mix of flatbed, step deck, and double drop RGN trailers. We make it a priority to keep our equipment well-maintained and place value in having top of the line equipment. The majority of work performed at our in-house shop relates to preventative maintenance and minor repairs. We take pride in maintaining a clean facility, a well-organized PM program, and a workplace that values integrity and respect.
- Complete oil changes, services and inspections for our highway tractors
- Grease and service trailers in accordance with PM program intervals and inspection checklists
- Troubleshoot and repair both mechanical and electrical issues with trucks and trailers
- Create work orders in our computer system and document any advisements or notes
- Work with vendors & assist with parts orders as required
- Assist with shop cleaning, and maintain clean, tidy workspace at all times
- Various other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience servicing highway tractors and/or trailers
- MGI certificate for trailers or trucks considered an asset
- Basic understanding of diesel truck engine components and functionality
- Well organized, meticulous attention to detail.
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Class 1 license considered an asset