Wildwood Transport is a growing long-haul open deck transportation company that is currently recruiting for a Freight Logistics Coordinator to join our operations team. We are a thriving family business that has built a reputation for providing top quality service to our customers. We do this by hiring and developing exceptional people that have strong industry expertise, great attention to detail, and are exceedingly driven and service-oriented. We have a fun and professional work environment, where you will be surrounded by a team that is passionate about quality and excited about the growth potential of our business.
The Freight Logistics Logistics Coordinator is a critical part of our Operations team as they are the single point of contact and quarterback of the entire shipping process for our customers. This individual will be in charge of booking and entering orders, troubleshooting throughout the shipment and communicating back to the customer to ensure their experience is as effortless as possible. They will also be responsible for finding and managing third party carriers for any shipments that cannot be handled by our asset-based trucking operation. This person will be in charge of a high volume of shipments, so they will be required to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Book all orders for an assigned network of customers
- Assist dispatch in spot pricing where price agreements are not in place
- Maintain regular contact, build relationships and seek additional business opportunities to expand our business with each customer
- Communicate proactively with dispatch, carriers and customers to effectively facilitate an effortless experience for our customers
- Enter orders accurately and with thorough load instructions to help our drivers or other carriers deliver high-quality service
- Hire partner carriers and manage the shipments that cannot be handled by our trucking resources
- Source and qualify new carriers to expand our network of professional carrier partners
- Assist in sourcing immediate spot market freight for empty trucks
- Assist in all other operations responsibilities if required
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a similar role in the trucking or logistics field
- Experience in spot quoting freight
- Experience with open deck freight
- Experience brokering freight or hiring 3rd party carriers.
- Strong working knowledge of weights and dimensions in Canada and USA
- Hunger and initiative to impress our customers, and grow our volume of business with every customer
- Exceptional ability to communicate both written and verbally
- Resourceful, strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong computer proficiency
- Positive team attitude