A rapidly growing engineering firm with 5 office locations and 200 employees throughout the Mid-Atlantic region is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as the Vice President of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships for the Transportation Sector. The candidate must have extensive experience working with the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) business units as well as local government transportation departments in Maryland.
As the Vice President of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships you will develop and implement strategies that drive business and revenue growth through partnerships with existing and new transportation clients. Your focus will be identifying, developing, and establishing successful strategic partnerships to enhance our service offerings, maintain and extend our client base, and ensure open communication with clients. The position will emphasize Maryland clients, which include state and local transportation agencies as well as consultant and contractor partners.
A broad and dynamic outlook, vision, and approach are necessary to address our clients' needs. This position is perfect for someone with existing transportation industry relationships that can be leveraged to cultivate new partnerships.
- Identifying partnership and business development opportunities that align with our company objectives, mission, and values.
- Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with key decision makers in partner organizations to secure new business and support strategic partnerships.
- Working closely with internal marketing and business development staff as well as leadership team.
- Using CRM software to report business development activities.
- Pursuing engineering and CMI services in the Maryland transportation market via your existing network and extensive client outreach initiatives.
- Providing industry expertise to our clients by demonstrating a deep understanding of their business drivers and challenges and offering solutions that produce mutual positive business outcomes.
- Professional and technical knowledge in engineering with focus on transportation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with engineers, contractors, and government leaders in the transportation sector
- Extensive understanding of industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape
- Results oriented with strong execution and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to assist the marketing department with proposal preparation
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Professionalism appropriate to represent to its clients
Education and Experience Requirements
- 10+ years of experience in business development and cultivating strategic partnerships in a leadership position
- Experience working with MDOT business units and local government transportation departments in Maryland is required
- Experience with capital funding and operating budgets, including knowledge of the funding process and how it is allocated
- Successful track record of developing and establishing strategic partnerships
- Bachelor's degree in business management or engineering is preferred
- U.S. citizen or Green Card immigration resident in the United States
- Ability to successfully pass a federal, state, and local security background check
- Pre-employment drug screening
We appreciate that our success depends upon the experience, knowledge, and teamwork of our staff. As such, we make our commitment count for our employees by valuing you and the work you do. We are committed to supporting diversity, opening doors, trading ideas, encouraging innovation, and giving our staff what they need to perform exceptional work in an exceptional atmosphere.
We provide civil/site, environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation, water resources, and water systems engineering; surveying and mapping; construction management/inspection; field and laboratory material testing; asset management; and geospatial technologies services to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
We are pleased to offer our employees an excellent benefit package including group health insurance (medical, prescription, dental, and vision), a wellness rewards program that can reduce or eliminate medical deductibles, company-paid life insurance, company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, a 401k retirement plan and match, ESOP participation, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, financial coaching, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities, and more.