We are looking for a very capable, self-motivated person to act in the role of Data Officer for the Product and Technology team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a true data-oriented view of business processes and structures, and a business focus in terms of the decision making and informational needs of the company. He or she will be able to show that they have true ownership of the data that allows us to run and reflect our business, and that helps give our clients insights that allow them to make better business decisions also.
The role requires a Data Officer view also, in order to treat data as a product in terms of establishing the direction and evolution of our data offerings.
The successful person will be comfortable having detailed data definition and mastery discussions with small intense groups, and in presenting a higher level view and philosophy to the wider business.
- Manage and execute against the company’s data warehousing strategy.
- Research and validate data management trends, movements and concepts and leading in those areas.
- Provide support to the company’s own processes and business, especially in terms of financial and enterprise data.
- Provide targeted and focused data artefacts that will allow clients to do their business better and to create demand in those clients because of that value that data brings.
- Engage in an agile (Scrum based) product development approach that reflects a fast moving and flexible ability to deliver value both for new and existing products and clients.
- Maintain an enterprise level data view that includes mastering of key entities, transformation definitions, and data management policy.
- Identifying new opportunities and ideas through intelligent partnerships and collaborations and not only through ‘new build’.
- Being the ‘go to’ person for all matters relating to data required for the operation of the business.
- Owning the data products roadmap.
- Experience in a previous role that can be evidenced through reference to data approaches, products and concepts that were successful, etc.
- Direct experience in data warehouse creation, data visualization and ETL.
- Evidence of innovation, fresh thinking and ‘refreshing’ approach.
- Experience in the analysis and understanding of data structures, philosophies and approaches.
- Expertise in the choice and use of ETL and visualization tools in the pursuit of strong data driven processes and decisions
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, normal core business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience ideally Data design, data science
- Bachelor Degree required, Master Degree preferred in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Experience of dealing directly with Engineering leads and teams.
- Experience of working with Business Development, Marketing, Strategy and Engineering to prepare and execute business cases for new products.
- Experience of working with internal finance and accounting clients.
- Experience of engaging with domain experts and practitioners to gain credibility..