Printing Manager & Specialist
The primary focus of the position will be to lead the printing operation towards advanced standards of safety, quality, production, efficiency, and optimal individual contribution. Process analysis and improvement will be a major responsibility. This will include the evaluation of current processes and procedures. This position is responsible for recommending, implementing, monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of policies and procedures. Training, policy enforcement, R&D, supplier management, employee management, waste reduction, efficiency production are key areas that require improvement and would fall under the responsibility of this position.
Job Responsibilities: Ensures a safe and productive work environment
1. Faithfully executes the business plan, achieving or exceeding planned P&L objectives
2. Leads, manages and holds the leadership team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments.
3. Integrates all major operating functions of the business. Ensures everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Models the way, always working towards the greater good of the business.
4. Resolves issues effectively- seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive.
5. Ensures that everyone is truly following and adhering to the company’s core processes and operating system with consistency. Demonstrates effective project management skills
6. Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity and clarity.
7. Effectively collaborates with owners and stays on the same page. Maintains a high level of respect with the owners. Understands the vision and has the ability to filter and translate those ideas into functional plans for the company.
8. Confirms that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization. Inherently ensures that everyone is in the know. Verifies that high level of effective communication exists throughout the organization.
9. Hire, train and retain top talent at all levels within the department.
10. Work with key vendors and sometimes customers and maintain healthy relationships.
11. Try new technologies, product offers and innovative trade developments. Negotiate contracts and supply agreements with trade vendors.
12. Can EFFECTIVELY Delegate and knows when to delegate and when not to.
13. Resourceful problem solver that has the ability, stamina and work ethic to solve problems. This person does not need their “hand held” and understand the differences between that and taking direction.
14. Following up on important projects and does not require constant attention or reminders to get things done.
15. Maintains all equipment and ensures proper preventative maintenance has been completed and to standard.
16. Maintains high levels of efficiency in all departments, reduce downtime and waste
Technical Skills: The following technical skills, expertise and familiarity will be required for this position. Having worked with or on the following:
• Wide web gearless flexo printing presses (Preferably Uteco)
• Reverse solvent inks and surface inks.
• Reverse and surface water inks.
• OPV coatings to control COF, static, gloss, matt, soft touch.
• X-Rite spectrodensitomers. Measuring and recording densities and dot gains
• Line print and process print (150 LPI) – expanded gamut printing preferable.
• Printing substrates: BOPP, nylon, PET, PET , Coated films, Paper, stickpacks and cosmetic webs
• Understanding of anilox rollers and various stickybacks
• Familiar with different types of photopolymer plates and sleeves. Including Kodak and Dupont plate material
• Familiar with pre-press and artwork.
• Mechanical aptitude to diagnosis, troubleshoot and fix and/or direct maintenance or operators to do so.
• Understanding of doctor blades, end seals, blade pressures.
• Troubleshooting of various press and print related issues. Including but not limited to ghosting, tracking, bleeding, run out, washout, mottling, blocking, baggy film, loose film, telescoping, low treatment