Why is This a Great Opportunity?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match
- Short-term disability coverage
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Training Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
Seeking 2 Controls Engineers, one for 1st shift and one for 3rd shift
Job Summary: Design, develop, install, manage, and maintain equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery, and processes.
- Troubleshoot equipment consisting of weld controllers, and robotics and programmable logic controllers
- Design electrical and electronic circuits
- Program PLCs, AC/DC drives, and Servo drives
- Modify robot, PLC programs, and machine screen interfaces
- Perform equipment maintenance
- Change welding consumables as needed
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment components
- Adjust MIG and spot welding based on changes in schedule
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Controls Engineering Manager
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- 20% Office Environment, 80% Plant Floor (PPE Required)
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school and five years of related experience/training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- RSLogix 5000 and RSNetworx training
- FactoryTalk View Studio and Fanuc Advanced Programming training
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must be willing and able to take a hands-on approach when problem-solving
- Excellent communication, analytical, and decision making skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize
- Must have a good knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949