We are looking for a Java Developer on behalf of our client, a Dublin-based software provider of new business underwriting solutions for life insurance.
This is your chance to join a dynamic team where you will participate in the creation, enhancement, innovation and maintenance of both the core software at the heart of our product offerings and of focused customer solutions built on those products. Contributing your experience and expertise, you will turn problems into features that help the team deliver a high-quality product on time.
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills who thrives in a collaborative team environment. You will be a part of a team with a passion for creating great software and with a collaborative upbeat work ethic where you have ownership over a part of each release.
What will you be doing?
- Participate in full software development lifecycle including analysis, estimation, design, development, integration, testing, and system release
- Collaborate with technical architects, solution architects, business analysts and product management to develop business and technical requirements and designs to deliver high quality product and customer solutions
- Develop and maintain interactive web applications working across the full application and data stack
- Develop and maintain desktop applications working across the full application and data stack
- Develop software prototypes, evaluate emerging software technologies, and evaluate third party solutions
- Establish and promote software engineering best practices
- Contribute to the knowledge base. Expand and maintain the knowledge base so that it is always up to date.
- Provide accurate estimates for tasks
- Commit to getting the tasks done within the time you estimated
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent software development experience
- 4-5+ years of software development experience, with strong experience with full stack development
- Hands on experience with OOAD, debugging, testing, consumer-facing application development
- Database experience, ideally in DB2, Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience working in an agile environment
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to find out more!