We are looking for a Technical Architect on behalf of our client, a Dublin-based software provider of new business underwriting solutions for life insurance.
As a Technical Architect, you would lead the design, creation and enhancement of the core software of their product. You would be expected to provide the technical vision and direction of the product. You will also participate in product development design decisions to ensure they are aligned with the long term vision.
This is your chance to join a dynamic team where you will work closely with Head of Engineering, Product Management, Data Analytics Team, Development Manager and Regional stakeholders to mould the product architecture visions and evangelise medium and longer term solutions and product architecture transformations.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for product functioning and technology
- Champion the architecture evolution of the product
- Lead the trade-off decisions of the long- and short-term needs in our current products.
- Development of system requirements and architecture based on customer, user and business requirements as defined by product management, including selection of best suited infrastructure and technology ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing and future systems/platforms.
- Investigate future technologies and making them part of system architecture for the 2-5year road map of our solutions. Provide medium and long term options to change the technology and architecture of our software to meet our business goals
- Develop software prototypes, evaluate emerging software technologies, and evaluate third party solutions
- Actively manage design reviews and risk analysis
- Use of critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Produce design documentation to guide developers
- Contribute to the knowledge base. Expand and maintain the knowledge base so that it is always up to date.
- Works with Development Manager to provide estimates for new product features
- Work on Product implementation
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent software development experience
- You should have 10+ years of software development experience, with strong experience with full stack development, ideally 3+ years in a Technical Architect role
- Proven design skill
- Track record of introducing technological and architectural change
- Hands on experience with OOAD, debugging, testing, consumer-facing application development
- Database experience, ideally in DB2, Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience working in an iterative agile environment
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to find out more!