We are looking for a QA Engineer (Manual), on a contract basis, for our client, a Dublin-based software provider of new business underwriting solutions for life insurance.
This role is a technical testing role delivering software releases in partnership with Developers. The primary objectives of this role are to develop and execute test cases for both new product features and customer projects, to create and maintain test environments and to influence process improvements.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure QA processes and procedures are documented, understood and followed.
- Support non-functional (e.g. Security or Performance testing) testing as owned by engineering team.
- Propose QA teams quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Execute manual tests as required.
- Produce release notes as required.
- Create and maintain QA Test Environments as required.
- Collaborate with developers, solution architects, business analysts, customer services, customer solutions, and product managers to ensure the successful implementation of projects and releases.
- Actively participate in an Agile development environment.
- Work with Customer teams to ensure that their documents meet the needs of the Engineering Team.
- Work with developers, Solution Architects, Business Analysts etc to analyse and troubleshoot issues with software and environment inc root cause analysis.
- Degree educated, preferably BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You should have 2+ years’ experience in software testing.
- Excellent oral, communication and analytical skills.
- Experience in testing role on a QA team.
- General SQL knowledge.
- Load and Performance Testing.
- Familiarity with general QA Tools (reviews, inspections etc.)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux or Windows.
- Experience in testing (Internet/Web related applications a plus).
- Working knowledge of Application Servers (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic).
- Experience working with Tableau in visual design and development, as well as in tuning/optimization of dashboard. Experience in preparing data for use in Tableau and in managing/creating data sources within Tableau would be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to find out more!