Our client, an important company of GPS fleet management, is looking for a Mid-Senior Build Engineer. The successful candidate will be working at their Lisbon office, in a hands-on capacity and immediate contact with application development teams of the Platform group responsible for backend solutions. Emphasis of the role is on continuous delivery and “total automation”.
- Working closely with a cross-functional team of Software Engineers, QA Automation, Operations and business stakeholders to ensure smooth deployments of software updates.
- Pro-actively work with the team to improve the process of building and deploying solutions across all test and production environments.
- Develop and maintain reusable automation scripts and components with a variety of build and deployment automation tools, including but not limited to: git implementations (e.g. Bitbucket), build runners (e.g. Bamboo or Jenkins), deployment automation (e.g. Octopus) and AWS IaC (infrastructure as a code) scripts.
Essential skills & experience:
- Experience as a Build/Release Engineer in an Agile development environment.
- Strong scripting and automation skills, especially PowerShell.
- Wholistic approach to the application development and strong owner attitude of the functionality provided to the customers.
- Experience with any of the following build and deployment automation platforms: TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Web Deploy (MSDeploy), TFS, AWS CodeDeploy, GoCD.
- Experience of deploying .NET Framework applications and components (WCF, ASP.NET, Windows services, etc.).
- Experience in automating database deployments, database versioning and source control.
- Industry experience working high volumes of data in 24/7 environment.
Education and nice to haves:
- BSc computer science/engineering or similar.
- Successful experience with large enterprise scale solutions
- Working experience or good understanding of .Net Framework and C#
- Development and/or DBA experience with MS SQL Server.
What we offer:
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, they're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as video entertainment. Of course, they will offer you great pay and benefits, but they're about more than that.