Our client is a leading global software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider. Their products allow clients to enhance operations and improve productivity through data driven solutions.
We are seeking an experienced Mobile Solutions Architect to facilitate the architectural design and delivery of native mobile apps.
The successful candidate will be based in Dublin and will provide architectural guidance and hands on assistance where required to our client’s engineering squads.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in designing and building complex, large-scale mobile products.
This role is part of our client’s expanding R&D team that is focussed on increased product speed to market and significant scale.
The Mobile Solutions Architect will work directly with and alongside cross functional teams in solving design problems as well as implementing best practices.
- Develop and maintain solution architecture models
- Work with delivery teams in the design and implementation of core components
- Drive the development of future state architecture
- Develop strategic plans for application decomposition
- Contribute to building high performing teams through mentoring, coaching and developing internal talent and recruiting industry top talent
- Be an innovation champion and evangelist
- Work with key stakeholders and the product team to understand future requirements and provide solution level technical designs
- Lead architecture and technical designs reviews.
- Work closely with other Architects in carrying out the overall vision for our product architecture
- Removal of bottlenecks for scalable architecture
- Automated CI/CD practices
- Best in class engineering practices
- Work with third parties to integrate systems or components in the company’s products
- Development of Proof of Concepts as part of future solution assessments.
- Write code for features that utilise new or unfamiliar technologies, coding practices or languages
- Analyse code coverage and other metrics to identify potential areas for improvement and/or refactoring.
- Educate developers on topics ranging from basic principles like decoupling, interface segregation, writing clean code, etc
- Take a leading role in defining coding standards and code reviews to ensure a higher quality product
- Provide recommendations and assist in determining which projects to prioritise and make the trade-off between technical debt and new functionality.
- 5+ years in app development roles with a minimum of 1 year in an architecture level role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Excellent experience with Swift, Objective-C and Java
- Experience with Kotlin an advantage
- Experience with common patterns in distributed systems (REST, SOA, DDD)
- Experience in measuring and improving performance of production systems.
- Knowledge and experience of modern software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/Lean/XP)
- Experience in highly scalable, highly available platforms.
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery & Automation.
- Proven experience in scaling applications to large user base
- Excellent, proven written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent, collaboration, influence and leadership skills required.
A deep understanding of mobile architecture patterns, iOS and Android is essential.