Head of Sales - Costa Rica
BE ONE OF OUR FIRST HIRES IN CENTRAL AMERICA!
The retail industry across Latin America is worth 2 trillion dollars annually. Hence, to ensure growing sales and market share, brands and retailers spend billions of dollars each year to send thousands of workers to complete in-store tasks like stocking shelves, fulfilling e-commerce orders, delivering e-commerce orders and building displays. Our technology provides brands and retailers with a solution for all these. We do that by connecting our users, via their phone, to our marketplace where they can choose from an inventory of tasks nearby they can complete for brands as independent contractors. In exchange, brands and retailers receive a real time dashboard of the status of the different tasks being done. To date over 2,000,000 tasks have been delivered by users for brands and retailers via our platform across Mexico and we are transforming the way brands and retailers manage their business.
We're looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for building new and different projects. This is a rare opportunity in Latin America to work with a well-funded startup with exponential growth. Our founders are Harvard Business School graduates with deep consumer expertise at Walmart and P&G across Latin America, India, China and Africa. Our company is backed by top investors in Silicon Valley and we currently have over 12,000 users in Mexico (Soon Costa Rica, Colombia and Brasil), helping brands and retailers.
As we expand into Costa Rica, we need a highly skilled individual that can work independently and be very effective prospecting and selling large B2B accounts (brands and supermarkets). We are looking for an experienced Sales leader with demonstrated track record selling B2B products who is hungry, aggressive and a great people leader. In this role you will be part of Central America’s leadership team and you will work very closely with Mexico's central team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the future of work, last mile delivery, gig economy and improving life quality for the emerging middle class.
- Create and execute the sales strategy across revenue streams and products
- Develop the Costa Rica's market by prospecting and selling new customers
- Delivery or surpass sales targets by planning against goals and executing
- Develop our pipeline to create long term, durable value in our sales funnel
- Build key relationships internally and externally to ensure pipeline health
- Advocate internally to get product improvements/changes to deliver market requirements
- Be part of the Central America's leadership team and provide strategic direction
- Recruit, inspire, retain and develop a team of Sales Managers and Analysts
- 7+ years of sales experience
- 3+ years of B2B sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving targets
- Effective leader with demonstrated track record managing and developing people
- Data driven, analytical curious problem solver
- Excellent business sense and a "get it done" mentality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, engineering or similar
- Operate effectively even when things are not certain or clear
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Integrity and trustworthiness
Nice to have
- Previous experience selling services to consumer brands or supermarkets
- Previous experience in fast paced - high growth companies
- Competitive Salary, commissions and benefits
- Generous vacation and paid time off
- Partial remote work
- Fast track development if goals are met
- Chance to work with an amazing team to build a platform that helps people find a foothold in the digital world