Sr. Operations Manager
Sr. Operations Manager (Promotoría – BTL experience)
Location: Mexico City
The retail industry across Latin America is worth 2 trillion dollars annually. Hence, to ensure growing sales and market share, brands and retailers spend billions of dollars each year to send thousands of workers to complete in-store tasks like stocking shelves, fulfilling e-commerce orders, delivering e-commerce orders and building displays. Our technology provides brands and retailers with a solution for all these. We do that by connecting our users, via their phone, to our marketplace where they can choose from an inventory of tasks nearby they can complete for brands as independent contractors. In exchange, brands and retailers receive a real-time dashboard of the status of the different tasks being done. To date over 2,000,000 tasks have been delivered by users for brands and retailers via our platform across Mexico and we are transforming the way brands and retailers manage their business.
We're looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for building new and different projects. This is a rare opportunity in Latin America to work with a well-funded startup with exponential growth. Our founders are Harvard Business School graduates with deep consumer expertise at Walmart and P&G across Latin America, India, China and Africa. Our company is backed by top investors in Silicon Valley and we currently have over 12,000 users in Mexico (Soon Costa Rica, Colombia and Brasil), helping brands and retailers.
We’re looking for a dynamic Operations Manager who moves with speed, has exceptional attention to detail and great relationship management to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring supply of workers and that we deliver what we sell to customers. That includes being responsible for tasks being completed on-time nationwide, creating new processes to help the operations team improve productivity, developing and training the entire field operations team, managing COGS line in our P&L, and delivering nationwide operation metrics. This leaders needs to be entrepreneurial and hands on with the ability to think strategically yet also dive into the details of specific cities to ensure supply for our customer’s demand.
You will be responsible for leading a field team of more than fifty supervisors and 1,200 promoters for KA clients. You will act as the primary operations lead in front of the client while working closely with the customer success executive. You will be responsible for delivering results on KPIs including coverage, variable sales, etc. You will meet with customers operations leaders regularly to communicate Zubale’s results; these conversations may happen in-person or via phone/video conference. You will maintain a deep understanding of Zubale’s solutions so that you can lead value-added users conversations, understand user's needs, and communicate these needs to your team. You will act as an internal escalation point for operations requests including: technical questions, contract questions, and other ops-related questions. You’ll work very closely with the CS, Tech, product and payments teams to resolve our user ́s issues across multifunctional teams. You will advocate for users internally and balance the needs of the users with the business needs of Zubale.
You believe in the power of technology. Ideally you are the person who has always been trying to push technology, automation, and innovation in your prior operations leadership roles through very specific suggestions (i.e. if we built a bot to do X, our reps would have to do Y% less work per load). You understand how software can help make your life easier, while making you a hero in surprising & delighting customers
8+ years of experience in BTL Advertising Agencies , BTL promotoria, Direct Selling Organizations (Avon, Jafra, Herbalife) or trade marketing leader from a CPG company.
5+ years of experience managing national field teams.
- Minimum proven experience of 5 years leading promotoria teams including and office in BTL agency, supplier management, Direct Selling Organizations or trade marketing teams
- Ability to build strong relationships with store managers and operations leadership from clients
- National network of promoters or salesforce contacts and ability to recruit thousands of users at a city level across the country
- Proven track record of advancement and success in delivering results and growing revenue.
- At least 75% of the people who have worked with you think you are an A Player.
- Ability to recruit and manage a team of A Players with a proven track record of doing so.
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English, verbal and written (Business vocabulary).
- Must be extremely well organized and able to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve,
- and perform under pressure.
- High leadership skills, attention to detail, achievement orientation, team
- Willingness to work sporadically on a weekend or after hours and is always available to be contacted if needed.
- Must demonstrate empathy for internal and external stakeholders and have a high
- Emotional intelligence (high EQ)
- Must be curious and a self-starter.
- Project Management experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a high growth start-up environment.
- Experience with B2B Tech product sales and services.
- Previous work or exposure to the promotors market