Business Development Analyst - Costa Rica
BE ONE OF OUR FIRST HIRES IN CENTRAL AMERICA!
The retail industry across Latin America is worth 2 trillion dollars annually. Hence, to ensure growing sales and market share, brands and retailers spend billions of dollars each year to send thousands of workers to complete in-store tasks like stocking shelves, fulfilling e-commerce orders, delivering e-commerce orders, and building displays. Our technology provides brands and retailers with a solution for all these. We do that by connecting our users, via their phone, to our marketplace where they can choose from a variety of tasks nearby they can complete for brands as independent contractors. In exchange, brands and retailers receive a real-time dashboard of the status of the different tasks being done. To date over 2,500,000 tasks have been delivered by users for brands and retailers via our platform across Mexico and we are transforming the way brands and retailers manage their business.
We're looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for building new and different projects. This is a rare opportunity in Latin America to work with a well-funded startup with exponential growth. Our founders are Harvard Business School graduates with deep consumer expertise at Walmart and P&G across Latin America, India, China, and Africa. Our company is backed by top investors in Silicon Valley and we currently have over 12,000 users in Mexico (soon in Colombia, Costa Rica, and Brasil), helping brands and retailers.
As we expand into Costa Rica, we need a highly skilled individual that can work independently and have a passion for execution. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Analyst that can work multi-functionally to exponentially grow our services for brands and retailers across the country. In this role, you will work very closely with Central America's Head of Customer Experience and you will adapt our product offerings to serve our new retail customers. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the future of work, last-mile delivery, gig economy, and improving life quality for the emerging middle class.
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for expanding the Inside Sales merchant base by using prospecting strategies to identify new leads and initiate the first outreach. Responsible for generating new business opportunities by qualifying leads, booking meetings, and filling the pipelines for the sales team.
- Mapping potential leads to be approached by the Sales Team (retailers and brands)
- Identify decision maker(s) in each of these potential leads
- Set up meetings with decision maker(s) in each of these potential leads, to present Zubale`s value proposition
- Frequently follow up with these potential partners after the Sales Team sends them a business proposal, until we get an answer about it
- High knowledge and management of Zubale`s value proposition, to solve any questions with potential leads
- Be the first communication channel between potential leads and the Sales and Customer Success Teams
- Competitive nature with a strong passion to exceed personal and professional goals
- Consistently meet or exceed pre-assigned KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and activity targets
- 1+ years of experience in merchandisers agencies/brands OR last-mile delivery OR gig economy platforms (i.e Uber, Rappi, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, economics, engineering, or similar degrees
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Data-driven with the ability to pull numbers to drive decisions
Nice to have
- Previous experience in early-stage startups
- Competitive Salary
- Generous vacation and paid time off
- Partial remote work
- Fast track development if goals are met
- Chance to work with an amazing team to build a platform that helps people find a foothold in the digital world