Data Engineering Lead
The retail industry across Latin America is worth 2 trillion dollars annually. Hence, to ensure growing sales and market share, brands and retailers spend billions of dollars each year to send thousands of workers to complete in-store tasks like stocking shelves, fulfilling e-commerce orders, delivering e-commerce orders and building displays. Our technology provides brands and retailers with a solution for all these. We do that by connecting our users, via their phone, to our marketplace where they can choose from an inventory of tasks nearby they can complete for brands as independent contractors. In exchange, brands and retailers receive a real time dashboard of the status of the different tasks being done. To date over 4,000,000 tasks have been delivered by users for brands and retailers via our platform across Mexico and we are transforming the way brands and retailers manage their business.
We're looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for building new and different projects. This is a rare opportunity in Latin America to work with a well-funded startup with exponential growth. Our founders are Harvard Business School graduates with deep consumer expertise at Walmart and P&G across Latin America, India, China and Africa. Our company is backed by top investors in Silicon Valley and we currently have over 12,000 users in Mexico, Costa Rica and Colombia (Soon in Brasil), helping brands and retailers.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineering Lead, you will be responsible to develop database models, performing logical and physical data modeling. You will have the opportunity to work with a product that is fundamentally changing the future of work. You will drive change with a distributed team, and establish processes to help maintain efficiency between product and engineering teams.
- Responsible for development, operation, and maintenance of data and analytics processes and tools;
- Responsible for creating conceptual, logical, or physical data models and testing designs;
- Builds flexible and streamlined data environments and automated pipelines from Acquire through to Store, creating reusable data sets;
- Fulfills day-to-day data needs of management and other data users across the organization;
- Integrates data from various sources. Designs approach to gain new insights and predictions out of existing data;
- Develops algorithm/business models to identify patterns of data e.g. root cause analysis, data-driven decisions, predictive analysis;
- Build and maintain a trusted relationship with our internal customers having a good understanding of business needs and challenges;
- Ensure transparency and consensus by continuous communication and active expectations management with all Stakeholders;
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- + 3 years working as a data engineer, with Apache airflow experience or a similar workflow management platform
- +2 years working within an enterprise data lake/warehouse environment or big data architecture
- Extensive experience with data engineering tools, languages, frameworks to mine, cleanse, and explore data.
- Familiarity with data needs for Machine Learning and AI
- Programming Skills with experience in at least one of Python (Pyspark),
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and open for new tasks, willing to learn permanently
- Excellent team player attributes combined with a proactive approach and a 'can-do' attitude
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team
- Excellent verbal and written English communication
Nice to have
- Experience selling products/services for brand and CPG companies
- Previous experience working for a fast-growing startup