Director of Product
Director/Head of Product
This company’s products are a marketplace for on-demand work for the retail industry.
We are looking for a Director/Head of Product who is a great manager and team builder. She/he needs to be an excellent recruiter, communicator, and problem solver and able to deliver the product on time, while ensuring the team is hitting their mark. This is an intense role in a fast growing startup backed by top VCs. While the candidate doesn’t need to have started a company, the candidate must be incredibly entrepreneurial.
- Define the future of a gig economy platform for retail workers across Latin America
- Drive efforts in building our different products across geographies
- Lead a cross-functional team of passionate people to build out features and bring them live to the platform
- Recruit and build a powerhouse product team that delivers outstanding results to our gig workers, internal users and retail/CPG customers.
- Develop and model product culture across the company
- Discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing
- Balance and Prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with product strategy
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, customer behavior, or other business metrics
- Communicate the needs and product concepts to stakeholders, engineers, designers, and other product team members
- Manage an initial team of 4 Product Managers that drive our products including a consumer facing mobile app, internal dashboards and B2B web/mobile interface
- Set goals, strategies, budgets, and oversee deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites.
- Evangelize product vision, strategy, and roadmap with internal and external stakeholders; be the face of Expanse in key customer interactions
- Represent the product team in high-stakes customer, prospect and partner conversations
Job Experience Requirements:
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Product leader with BS or MS in CS or similar with 7+ years in Product Management
- Great manager with 5+ years managing teams of direct reports
- A passionate recruiter with proven track record bringing top talent to scale teams
- Very Dynamic with experience working in a tech startup(s), with competing resources and priorities, through planning, development, and launch
- Strategy orientated coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude along and an ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market
- A self starter with high degree of self direction and independent drive
- Usability Focused: Capable of conveying your ideas through detailed Specs and/or Wireframes
- Fluency in spanish is required
Nice to have
- Experience with mobile apps
- Experience with gig economy models
- Experience building and scaling marketplace businesses
- Understanding of network effects and how to manage supply and demand