Data analyst (II)
The retail industry across Latin America is worth 2 trillion dollars annually. Hence, to ensure growing sales and market share, brands and retailers spend billions of dollars each year to send thousands of workers to complete in-store tasks like stocking shelves, fulfilling e-commerce orders, delivering e-commerce orders, and building displays. Our technology provides brands and retailers with a solution for all these. We do that by connecting our users, via their phone, to our marketplace where they can choose from an inventory of tasks nearby they can complete as independent contractors. In exchange, brands and retailers receive a real-time dashboard with the status of the different tasks completed. To date over 1,500,000 tasks have been delivered by users for brands and retailers via our platform across Mexico and we are transforming the way brands and retailers manage their business.
We're looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for building new and different projects. This is a rare opportunity in Latin America to work with a well-funded startup with exponential growth. Our founders are Harvard Business School graduates with deep consumer expertise at Walmart and P&G across Latin America, India, China, and Africa. Our company is backed by top investors in Silicon Valley and we currently have over 12,000 users in Mexico (Soon in Colombia, Costa Rica, and Brasil), helping brands and retailers.
Duties and responsibilities
The Data Analyst is responsible for developing data analyses for our clients, advising on data best practices, and having the technical expertise to manage the underlying BI infrastructure to support it. For this role, we are focused on someone with demonstrated experience in Looker.
- Work with companies of varied sizes and industries to build data models, create compelling visualizations, and embed them in their own applications.
- Teach developers, end users, and admins about platform best practices for data modeling and analysis.
- Provide clients insight into basic strategies for database architecture and ETL pipelines with the support of our data engineering team.
- Grow with the company by leveling up your technical, leadership, and business skills.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- 1+ years of Looker development experience - LookML and dashboards desired
- Intermediate SQL skills - both in query development and performance tuning
- Business Analysis Skills
- Demonstrated data visualization literacy and the ability to select visualizations appropriate for a given business need
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Git and version control
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- External contractor role
- Competitive Salary and benefits
- Fast track development if goals are met
- Chance to work with an amazing team to build a platform that helps people find a foothold in the digital world